View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by fulloffaith View Post
I agree with all other posts. They will do/say anything to suck you back in. I also get very scared when legal terms, and threats implying I'm a bad mom are thrown around. They know this is so hurtful to us. They know we love our kids so much, would leave our spouse and start all over for our kids. So they use this as our "weak" spot. Its like a form of bullying. It has it's impact, he knows it, and he tries to scare you.

I loved the comment about wanting to look like good dad, but not actually being one!!! So true.

I also try to limit the communications. I prefer emai, that way it's easy to print & you have record for court. We only communicate about kids, otherwise we are nc. I also anticipate him turning nasty in court and being accusatory. He's still at a place where blaming me is easier than facing the demon. I plan on printing and bringing every email to court. You are right to realize you were "too nice". I think you were. But don't beat yourself up. Just learn the lesson. Less communication!

Also, you are a good person with good intentions. For yourself, your kids, and even him. You are not trying to be hateful or use the kids. I believe that if you keep doing what is right and true for you, things will work out. Court is a scary place but the truth will be revealed. You may have to sit through his crazy lies and bs, but you know the truth and it helps to trust that your path will bring you where you are supposed to be.
My stbxAH has finally figured out that emailing is a documented proof piece of evidence of the crap he says so he's stopped them except for occassional ones that sound like he's trying to be super dad, respectful, accomodating-- and then there's a phone call that washes it all away. He's a master manipulator.

And you're right -- he knows my achilles heel is my kids and he knows I have fear of what he could do with a good lawyer (and his parents are paying for one) and that threat gets me shaking everytime. I really, truly hope that the truth prevails bc god knows there are too many court cases where the truth seems secondary to who makes the best argument... This fear isn't going to send me running back to him (if that's what he's hoping) but it still sucks.

Moral of today: No more niceness, no more communication (I think I will tell him that the only way I plan to communicate is via email and if he refuses then I'll go from there), no more varying from the arranged visitation schedule.

Thanks again everyone...