Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 02:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
In a few places on SR, there are lists of secular approaches to sobriety. I've noticed that RR and AVRT are conspicuous by their absence. While there surely are proponents of other approaches, could we please see RR or AVRT listed in the heading to this most interesting forum?
Ideally, I would like RR mentioned, if not necessarily linked to, but I can also understand the precarious line the mods have to walk, since Trimpey does have his own ideas. I know it's not easy to separate the two, but the thing is, Trimpey didn't invent AVRT. He learned it from those who self-recovered, which is why it feels natural, and even he admits this.

I'm not going to push the issue, since I personally don't entirely mind the "rebel" grassroots populist persona that RR entails. To be honest, if RR were a part of the addiction treatment industry, it simply wouldn't be as interesting, but perhaps a link to the AVRT discussion thread might be a good compromise?