View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Leaping

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good: I am moving forward with my life in many ways. My STBXAH has been out of the house for 5 months and my children are happy, laughing and reengaged in their social lives. Sleepovers, cooking in the kitchen and on our own schedule. I am working part time to help pay the bills and the divorce papers are almost final. All three children receiving weekly counseling.

The Bad: After going virtually no contact I responded finally to a text he sent me Friday telling me had a new job and was starting Monday. I called him back to congratulate him and wish him well. He started badgering me about when we are going to finalize the paperwork, he wants to see his daughters and we should just split everything 50/50 - including custody and visitation. He was on a rampage and all my defenses were down (a little dramatic I know but hey- ) which leads me to the next -

The Ugly - I couldnt keep my mouth shut and I told him I was asking for sole custody, no visitation based on his suicide attempt in April and recent relapse that ended in handcuffs and a trip to a mental hospital in the backseat of a cop car. After a 72 hold, he stayed for 5 more days (this was 4 weeks ago). He got in a fistfight with his dad two weeks ago. I know all this from his brother.

I know I should have never called him. I know I should not have told him the conditions of the settlement. I know I can only do what is best for me and my girls and let him react however he is going to react. He claims he will not start the new job and will now hire a lawyer (with what money I wonder but not my problem) and now I feel like I took two steps forward and three steps back.

Not sure what I am looking for in writing this, it does help to get it out and after reading it I realize I need to just refocus on me myself and the three children and let him do whatever it is he is going to do.