Old 09-24-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Terminally Unique,

I wish I had discovered AVRT when I quit oxycodone in December. Everything about me screamed "NO" when my thoughts turned to going into a rehab group. I'd been there in the past, and I cannot abide by the concepts of the 12 Step programs, even though I think they can be a life saver for people who need group therapy.

After discovering AVRT here through your posts, I discovered I had already done my own recovery in my own way, substituting "addict brain" for "addictive voice". In this manner, I've tried to help a lot of people on the Substance Abuse forum of SR.

My question is this: I feel firm and strong in my own recovery. I looked at the AVRT website, and I am interested in becoming involved, but I don't think I need to pay for a membership or take a class. I'd just like to subscribe at no cost to myself. You are a great asset to this forum, bringing the AVRT concept here for people like me who do not wish to be subjected to dogmatism in our recovery process.

Thanks for being here and bringing AVRT to this forum. I hope it's okay that I have quoted you at least once on the Substance Abuse forum.

FT