View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Originally Posted by JJK View Post
^ d@mn dude.. were you around for bad brains and the dc guys coming thru to ny? or reagan youth, even worse, gorilla biscuits, beastie boys (when they played punk)?? or no, not that old?
Let's see...I graduated HS and went off to college in 1986, but before that, lived in a very remote part of Michigan...so during high-school, I missed seeing a lot of things, as it was just so far away. But in college, I did see more bands...Dead Kennedys, MDC, Mr. T Experiance, Crucif****, and a lot of local bands I can't recall! Oh, and the Butthole Surfers when Locust Abortion Technician just came out, that was the single best show I have ever seen, the two drummers, the weird dancing naked lady, the images they projected in the background of Charlie's Angels mixed with images of Ronald Reagan and colon surgery...you really didn't need any drugs at that show

I still like going to see music, only it has gotten a bit harder...I still find new acts I like, though, but I do have a kind of nostalgia for the past.