Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
OH WTBH... I'm sad to hear that kind of crap. I've wrangled with those same issues with my AH - disrespecting me in front of the kids. And guess what, douchebag, the kids ARE aware of the crap you are pulling!!!

What I have done (particularly to show my children!!) is to say it once, "That face/the words you are making/saying is disrespectful to me. If you continue to act that way, I will walk away." And then when he does it again... I follow through and walk away. Since I started that, I have witnessed my children using the same "boundary setting" statements with each other... and it's AMAZING!! It's so healthy - and they no longer stand and scream at each other - "STOP IT! STOP IT!! PLEASE - STOP IT!!" They have learned they are powerless over the other's words/actions... and if it's unacceptable and continues... walk away :-)
Yeah I won't be letting it happen again and if it does I'll walk away with the girls. I mostly was just illustrating how nuts he is to think that the passive aggressive, non verbal stuff is totally harmless. Quackkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!