Old 09-22-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
paulamarie

I have done alot of online research plus AA meetings. One of the things I was looking for was a way to actually become selfish instead of selfless. In order to get sober I needed to get a sense of importance, that I deserved to live. I have a background of abusive relationships and wanted to build my self esteme not deflate it. Otherwise I was "doomed" to fail. How was I going to get sober if I didnt even think I was important enough to pay attention to myself.
This being said, RR was like reading about a part of myself. I was already calling the addictive voice "the beast" in my head. It was driving me nuts.
I have gained a lot from RR and WFS. Charolette Kasl's book "Many Roads, One Journey, moving beyond the ** steps" was an absolute life saver for me.
Lots of reading on all of these websites. Also SOS, Secular Organizations for Recovery.
I have 9 months sober. Before that I had almost a year. I dont like getting bogged down too much with the "time" and dates. Its important but not what I want to focus on. I want to focus on today.
I gain a lot from other peoples experiences and really enjoyed this thread.
Thanks All,
Paulamarie