Old 09-21-2011, 09:18 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Good news on the car. You even have AC? Super sweet. I know what you are talking about in regards to working for the state. Mom was a county school librarian, nearly we lived paycheck to paycheck for a while there. When she went on disability we started living better. That's just wrong. She did love her job and had great benefits though. Most important, she loved the job.

Good luck on the MVA. I have to deal with the DMV myself tomorrow as I lost my old Drivers License and the only one I have is expired. I need it for my formal ID on a notarized statement to close out my mother's checking account.

Still up, my arms and legs are jerking. This is a lot worse lately with all the stress. Finally drank two cups of strong coffee, that helps the jerking and so I usually sleep well afterwards.

Somehow I need to get myself together, but its not easy. The fact my mom died of a genetic illness (which in turn brought on the pneumonia she died from) has me over estimating each little movement my body makes. I hate that as well as the depression/anxiety that has been coming on. I am doing okay now, as long as I realize that in grief everything will be over-exaggerated for six months. I have found a forum for those with that illness and children of those who aren't testing for it. I post in that area and they are really nice people who share their experience, strength, hope and frustrations. The woman who told me about the 6 months rule had lost her husband from the side effect of pneumonia as well, yet she still posts regularly giving advice on how to deal with problems she had as a caretaker for her husband. She is my hero.

Last thing, I noticed this thread has less than 50 posts until we hit the big 500 and time to start part IX. So happy to see this thread coming alive again with so many friendly faces.

Last edited by shockozulu; 09-22-2011 at 01:05 AM. Reason: added to post