View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
YellowBirdy

Thanks all. Lots of wisdom here. I am paying attention. I feel I need to post an update. Tonight I got a text mssg from AH -- he wants to have a lawyer-free discussion about the temporary issues for our Legal Separation case. He is "not in agreement" with what my lawyer drafted.

I replied that it would be best to work this out through my lawyer and it went downhill from there. He threatened to involve his lawyer "who is waiting in the wings", and said "then it will get really complicated." And that his goal was to "make it all more civil." Uh, excuse me, that's what lawyers are for! As is typical with AH, his texts soon drifted from the original actual topic to very blaming/accusing things--saying that I've always made things into a bigger deal than they really are (meaning the RO, his alcoholism); bringing up anger issues I've had in the past and really making a big deal about it (diverting the topic off his alcoholism?); saying it was my own fault that I cut myself off from friends (blaming me, NOT him or his drinking); saying that I AM THE ONE WHO'S BEEN DECEITFUL (he is the one who lied, lied, lied). And while he's texting me, he's telling me that I am the one that seems so angry during our exchange?!?!?! He's now telling me he's "totally sober and happy about it." For what, 6 DAYS? I saw him briefly last week and HE WAS DRUNK. He actually tried to tell me "I have blown everything in our relationship out of proportion." He is really showing me how he has no reality of what he's done to me, himself or our relationship. And I am realizing I am sicker than I thought.