Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bruingirl

This is all really good insight! I can definitely relate to a lot of the things that have been said.

I guess I would qualify as "high functioning" too and that's where I really wonder whether or not I need the medication. Because I can do school and be around people and do things, but on the inside there is so much more turmoil and I'm finding that even though I may be laughing and smiling I don't really feel fulfilled or happy with my life. There is nothing I feel like I can sit down to at the end of the day and feel like the day was worth it for. I do the things I need to do (probably because I'm so type A that if I didn't then my world would really start falling apart), but I don't really have any motivation to do any of them. I wonder though, is this the difference between a person that needs medication + counseling and someone that just needs counseling? At this point even though I make it to each session I feel like I just barely make it there; like I can't handle all of the negative thinking and anxiety until the next one. I'm still fighting the good fight to be happy and trying to take "baby steps" but I just feel really fed up and tired of feeling like I am constantly in battle and still not having experienced any positive emotional change.

Even though I've been able to keep up with my responsibilities and social life I also have found myself sleeping a lot and CONSTANTLY feeling fatigued even after getting a full nights worth rest and eating properly. I know this was mentioned by lilamy a little bit but is this something that a lot of you have experienced as a symptom of your depression?