Thread: Really fed up
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
GettingBy

My willingness to accept that the "answer" may not be exactly what I planned... opened me up to opportunities I never even thought about. Which is what I believe LTD was getting at.

When my plan was rigid (I'm not saying yours is!), I had a vision of what I wanted and thought I knew exactly how to go about getting it. I struggled and got frustrated... because I was trying to control my life, and aspects about it that were not mine to control. The worst part is that I didn't see it at the time - it wasn't until years later that I had gained the perspective I needed to "see" that out of some of the darkness moments came my greatest blessings.

I can't even begin to list all the "losses" in my life... and all the great, amazing things that came from them! And I will admit that during each of those dark moments, I felt utterly lost and hopeless. I had no faith. I was religious - but no faith, and still desperately trying to control my life. It's not my fault - it was way down deep in my belief system/programming. I didn't know any better.

Today - I am working on knowing better. I don't do it perfect (or even close to it!!) but now I am aware!! Yeah, progress! I know I have choices - I have power to do what's best for me.

Hang in there WTBH. I know all to well how much it hurts right now. I wish I could give you a big fat hug.

Shannon