Thread: Really fed up
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
GettingBy

WTBH...

I'm sorry that you are going through this stressful time. Job changes are scary, scary times. When I am in the darkest moments, it's sooo hard to be patient and have a faith - yet that is the two things I need to do most. My disease/programming has me defaulting to the worst-case scenario - the stinkin' thinking of "I am just unlovable, unwanted. I'm no good. I'll never find a job. I won't be able to pay my bills." Oh, the abuse I dole out to myself is so unacceptable - yet I do it, because of - well, because of my history. That's the way I was raised. That's my faulty belief system.

Changing that is really freakin' hard. Learning to love myself. Learning to validate myself. It takes time. And so for today, when I find myself in the midst of a darkness, I have to remind myself that the internal voice is a sick, scared child - not the truth. I AM good enough. There IS something better waiting for me... and in time, it WILL be revealed.

Just keep doing the next right thing and be kind and gentle to yourself! I've learned that the more I learned to love and accept myself - the less I gave a $hit about what other people thought of me. I don't get nearly as hurt by their thoughts/opinions/rejections/etc.

One tool that has worked tremendously along with my Al-anon program is DBT (dialectical behavioral therapy). I find it to be a good blend of my 12-step work, meditation/mindfulness, and cognitive behavioral therapy (learning how to better process my feelings). Maybe it might help you, maybe not.

Thanks for letting me share,
Shannon