Old 09-20-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

Reading back it is just so hard to believe I achieved my goal of owning a home!
I couldn't afford to rent and now I own my own house. It still boggles my mind. And with the grant I got, I pay less now in mortgage than I did for that one room in the back of that smarmy guy's house. Never fails to put a smirk on my face thinking of it.

We are still settling in little by little. The pups love their yard, although I am no fan of mowing it. Can't wait until I can one day have a fence put in. Until then they wander on leashes and bark right along with all the dogs that live around us

Home ownership has its challenges, though. Paying all the bills and seeing to all my pets' needs is a struggle. Plus, I've had issues with my car that piled up in the last few months that set me back.

So now I'm am looking for a new job to bring in a more stable paycheck. I love my at-home work, but the pay is up and down and I need something stable full time.

Been sending out those resumes and even applied for a management job with my current company and nothing yet. Trying to stay positive and just keep plowing ahead.

The next big goal is to land a job I can enjoy the challenge of long term and continue my at-home work on a part time basis. This will allow me more income to keep the bills paid, make some personal touches to my new little nest, and achieve my next big goal of paying off a far-too-big tax bill I incurred in the process of leaving my EX.

It's the last vestige of my codie behavior where I covered my EX's behind before my own and it has snowballed unattended to behind more important demands of food and shelter.

I loved reading back on this thread today! It reminded me of how far I've come and how I've already tackled bigger obstacles in the last few years. So when I feel overwhelmed I should remember just how determined I can really be and how I can achieve what I set my mind to do.

Hope to read more updates

Alice