Old 09-19-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Runhappy

A decade ago I spent 9 months in rehab then 2 years in sober living for street drugs. It lasted until late 2009. Then I started using prescription opiates.

I knew the step program had failed me with drugs. I had successfully stopped smoking cigarettes with just a decision and a date on the calendar. So I knew in my brain and heart just stopping is very possible.

I mean hasn't each and every one of us heard of someone who just QUIT a serious addiction? It's more common than you would think.

A month ago I found myself in a bookstore looking for an alternative to the step program. I wanted other opinions. How do so many just stop and never look back while I am back at square one.

I discovered Rational Recovery. I read it. Spaced out my last few Norcos so I could have 9/11 as my last use date and I am 8 days in and feeling great. I also read this board a lot. Only started posting once I stopped using for fear of being judged on here if I was still using.

Thank you Rational Recovery! Thank you Soberrecovery! There are alternatives and choices in ending addiction.