Old 09-19-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Runhappy View Post
But my Brain was yelling bulls**t, you can stop you have before you just don't want to.
I knew my brain was right and my program just felt all wrong...

The Cure claims it is that we just want to get high. Pure and simple.

I believe the cure gets it right as far as i am concerned. Just wanted to get high. Although of course sometimes I felt helpless but bottom line I wanted the high.
All addicted people feel hopeless, and all addicted people feel depressed; that is part of being addicted. Addiction is a toxic state of hopelessness and depression, and the Beast will take full advantage of this. It will use it as a reason to convince you to continue getting high.

People think that problems cause addiction, and that they need to work on their problems in order to quit, but once you are addicted, you had better not waste any time in quitting, because those original problems no longer matter. Addicted people will drink for any reason, however, good or bad. They wouldn't be addicted if it were otherwise.

Life sucks? Drink to cope, says the AV.
Won the lottery? Drink to celebrate, says the AV.

Working on "underlying issues" instead of quitting is essentially a stall tactic, and the Beast loves wasting time getting around to quitting. Don't fall for it. Quit first, and then work on your problems, issues, etc.