View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

It is painful! It hurts. It hurts alot.
Not only does it hurt emotionally when we end a long term relationship, it affects us physically too.

Your body is in recovery from childbirth and surgery. Your hormones are trying to respond to child birth. You have alot going on in and around you. Your instints are to care and nurture. And that is what you are doing. You are ok!

You are a good mom too!

You have enough on your plate with your personal recovery, your new born and the other children.

I gently suggest you let the alcoholic adult take care of himself. Even if it means sleeping in his own filth.

I applaud you for cutting off the alcoholic financially from your family budget. Yet, I also want to caution you about other resources for addicts. My alcoholic rented a post office box and applied for credit cards. When the credit cards arrived, he used them like ATM cards for cash. Huge debt within months.

Also, an alcoholic that is desperate for a fix will steal from you and pawn anything of value. Please protect all your assets.

Can you ask a friend or family member to help you with some household chores for a few weeks. Things like vacuuming and dusting?

Please take care of you during this time of recovery. You are very important!