Thread: Appreciation
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
I appreciate you Starcat.
You are a thoughtful and considerate person.
Since I am getting a little weepy too, I will say a heartfelt thank you for sharing your journey with me.

Beth

Cake on Thursday?
I am there!
Beth, you are too kind. Thank you so much for your sweet words.
And thank you, for sharing your journey with me! You always have some lovely words of wisdom to add, and I appreciate them, and you! <3

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
You planted a seed and it grew! It is the little things in life that matter, your friend/coworker wanted to do something special for you, just to say "Thanks, for being you".

How nice....ain't life grand?
It is! When I was baking I did it just because I liked doing it.
When he sent me the recipe for the zucchini bread, he sounded really excited that he baked something, so I sent him the recipe for my German Pound Cake, which was the favorite I'd bring in.
He replied back with a really excited email about how now there were two things he could bake. Wow, that's really cool.

I guess it just goes to show, when I go and do what I enjoy and take care of myself, I'm not the only one who benefits. Which just proves yet again that taking care of myself is not selfish.

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
I'm so glad that you have the recipe also. This way whenever you make it, you can remember and think about how one unselfish person wanted to really thank you and show their appreciation for you. How one person, really thought that much of you, and didn't make it about them. It was about "you".

I don't think that I can have zucchini bread again, and not think about this. Thanks for sharing this.
And thank you for sharing these thoughts, amy...
I'd never had zucchini bread before, but now I really like it, not only because it takes good but because it's taken on a whole different meaning than bread alone could have.

...speaking of which, it's lunch time, and I have some remains of zucchini bread calling my name.