View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BeProactive

Visitation Drama

According to the temporary visitation schedule that his lawyer and my lawyer helped draw up, he gets to spend time with the kids Tues, Thurs 6:00pm - 8:00pm and Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm. He cannot drive them and he is not supposed to drink 4 hrs before and during the visitation.

The schedule went ok for a week (the week that he was trying to white knuckle and stay sober) but last 3 times, he was drunk when I went to drop off the kids. He was passed out drunk, we tried to wake him up and we were unable to wake him up. Yesterday, he managed to wake up after 5 minutes but he was staggering drunk, not able to stand up and walk, etc. So, I told him that I am taking the kids back home and took the kids back home with me. Now, he is claiming to his sister (whom I called and informed that he is in a bad shape) and to me that I am not bringing the kids and that I am lying that I brought the kids to his place..Completely denying that we (I and the kids) ever came to his place.

I will be talking to the lawyer in the next hour, about my options. My question is: those that have gone through this kind of situation, how did you gather proof that a) he was drunk at the time of visitation b) that you indeed showed up with the kids as scheduled..What else can I do to protect myself legally?

Thanks