View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
MTUSA

Hi December,

Oh God, I know exactly what you mean. I had thought many times of calling police to report his drug use. Would he have been arrested and received help, or thrown into a jail/prison where he would have been abused by "men." (That was/is my fear also)

Could you go and talk to a police officer, ask what to do? I know wish I had done that. Our son was very good at masking his use. The last time my husband and I took him to a chemical dependency center for a referral which was denied...my husband stayed with him 3 days. Obviously we had no idea he was using right under my husband's nose. My husband said he was fine after 3 days. We know now, he never stopped. He must have been doing this in the restroom.

We have a drug task force here. I spoke with one officer on that force for a good hour. He was a very kind man. I was suprised and wish I had known that there were such people. I envisioned people in army gear, with machine guns (well...that's exaggerated). At least consider making an appointment with someone at the police department who focuses on drugs. Tell them "a close relative" has the problem and your fears. Ask them if they have any suggestions.

I know exactly how you feel. I read up on oxycontin. It's time released and not meant to be crushed and put into the body through the veins. None of it is. The oxycodone I believe is very strong, and easily overdosed on. The damage to their heart, veins and other parts is horrible and can be permanent.

I do not understand "hitting bottom." In the case of someone putting drugs into their veins, each time is like Russian Roulette. We are to wait (?) until they hit bottom according to some. If my kid was say smoking marijuana, I could somewhat understand this. But not when anyone is putting stuff into their body like our two boys.

I do wish I had come in contact with our local task force, before this happened. I believe this fellow I spoke with, would have come to talk to my son. I did NOT get the idea they are out to arrest and incarcerate drug addicts. That is what I presumed.