View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:15 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
MTUSA

Hi Sweet Dreams,

Thanks.

I so clearly remember my mother (an alcoholic), pointing out the faults of others. She was an expert at this.

I'm going to be 49 soon. I believe my best trait is that I realize there are no perfect people, anwhere. I try very hard not to expect perfection or anything even close. Honesty yes, but not perfection. We are all doing our best, and all have our struggles. Some of these might even take place in private.

My sons addiction, has brought me to my knees (literally, praying...begging, wanting to die). It has also taught me compassion which is different than tolerance or acceptance.

Kind of an fyi: You're not a smoker I gather.

It is extremely shameful (rightfully so, I suspect) to be a smoker today. I am ashamed because I know better, and should have given it up permanently by now. I have so much respect for anyone who is recovering from drugs or alcohol. Though I don't crave or desire such things, "What if..." I did?

I had a wonderful neighbor who didn't feed her children vegetables. Horrified me! (seriously). I suggested she put a little butter and salt on the vegetables. She was horrified, and said that would ruin the vegetables. (TRUE STORY). Well, my kids did get their vegetables, with a bit of butter and salt.

Who is right? She is/was. Problem is, her kids didn't eat vegetables at all as a result. Just an analogy.

Last edited by MTUSA; 09-13-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Not sure how to respond.