View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
MTUSA

Thanks so much Amy. Star Cat really did give unique advice. I spoke with my husband about that tonight.

I PROMISE that every minute you spend with your father sober/non-addicted, is a J.O.Y. given to him just because you are safe and sound. You do not need to be perfect. Perfectly, imperfect is what I think is ok!

Thank you so much for sharing your life and difficult times with me. I would not want to shove in his face that we are going on, but I do think he does not realize that it's been all about him for years. I won't turn my back, I will continue to love him more than my own life (I mean that), but I will take that advice and stop focusing on him during our conversations or any notes/cards I might send.

Be so proud that you stopped doing whatever it was you were doing. I can only begin to imagine, how physically and mentally difficult that was for you to do. I promise, you gavae all who love you back a piece of life and gave yourself life by doing so. You and the others are awesome. I pray for those still stuck in this (and I am not a Bible thumper...I just believe.)

Deb