Old 09-13-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
a
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Something else that I have thought of as far as 'sober days' goes, is in giving advice to others. I feel as though I've got it - I know I will never drink again. I am sometimes hesitant to respond to posts of others realizing that my input may not carry a whole lot of weight considering the relatively short period of time since I had my last drink. I can live with that.
On the contrary, few seem able to give their word that they will never drink again these days. Whose advice would you prefer? That of someone who has successfully quit for good, or that of someone who has not?

Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
So this is really just curiosity I suppose. I consider myself a success now, no matter what others may think, but to the world at large then, what do you think people would consider "success" when it comes to quitting? A year? 5? When do you think you could pose the argument that a method "worked" for you?
You are a success if you think you are. If you can guarantee that you will never drink again, and never change your mind, then you are recovered. Recognize any and all self-doubt as the Addictive Voice itself, and you will do fine.

Get on with your life. :-)