Old 09-12-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have still been doing 1 AA meeting a week, here, mainly for the social aspect...the ritual routine parts seem to repetitive, one almost does not even notice them over time, like so many words going by. Odd. Mainly, I like the time before and after the meeting, and squirm like a bored kid in church during most of the meeting, unless I get to talk, than it seems more fun. I wish there was more talking, overall, as opposed the one big monologue at the beginning, and all those things read again and again and again.

So I've managed to still get something positive from it all, and still ponder starting a different type of social group for those wanting to get and stay sober, as I feel there is a great need for more alternatives.

I'm also looking into grad school, and possibly moving back to where I came from, Michigan, to go to a program there for a masters or a PsyD. in psychology...this job is going nowhere; good benefits, but a falling take home wage, as each year, the salary is stagnate, and the deductions go up. (University library...state job...never any money....no cost of living or merit raises in 4 years, nada...I make less than when I started, 5 years ago). So I am considering taking a leap. This library assistant thing has no future, and I think even a masters in Library Science has little future, given the unstable funding to federal, state, university and municipal level libraries...it just keeps shrinking. Plus, I think library science is sort of boring, compared to psychology.

Well, this weekend will be two months sober...that's a long time, here, have not managed that since I tried quitting/cutting back 7 years or so ago.

Hope all are well,

H. Pup