View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MTUSA

Hi Lonely Star,

I went through the "if I had been a better parent," or if "We had been better parents." We too, thought we had talked to all our children about drugs, and of course, they would NOT use them. I now think that is pretty typical.

The idea that kids come from bad homes, is absurd. Neither my husband nor I have ever been drug users (I tried marijuana twice-made me sick). I rarely drink, and he does have a few beers. Our children grew up in a stable home (husband has only had 2 jobs and he's mid 50's), I've been a stay at home mom.

I know we (and you) didn't teach our kids this. Even the parents who have struggled, are not to blame if their children do the same. I realize they made the choice to try drugs and became addicted.

I'm curious as to how to show love to someone who is actively using drugs. I am so sorry about your son. Get a drug kit that is oral and uses saliva. Then you don't have to ask him to pee in front of you. You can order on internet, or maybe the pharmacy has some. Anyway they are out there.

Thank you... Deb