Old 09-11-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
wpainterw

P.S. Was it Archimedes who said "Give me a fulcrum for my lever and I would move the world." AVRT teaches that the mind can learn how to control the mind. That the brain can reprogram itself so as to call a halt to the "trickery" which the Beast plays on the conscious part of the brain. But is it not also true that, during a period of drinking, the conscious part of the brain is part of a conspiracy with the Beast? These two are in cahoots. So who comes in to break up the conspiracy? Where is the fulcrum so that we can get a handle on this thing? How can the brain escape from a deceptive conspiracy to which it is a party and for which it is responsible? Are we talking about what the (now discredited?) Freud referred to as the Superego, coming to the rescue like the Lone Ranger? Or would it be more accurate to say that the motivating factors are usually external. Here is a list: The police, jail, joblessness, divorce, liver problems, heart problems, loss of children, homelessness, homicide, manslaughter, etc. etc.

W.