View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MTSlideAddict
Journey To Me

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
10 months sober is still pretty early, folks. I read post after post about people wanting their spouse to stop drinking. And what I am learning is it is way more than that. This explains why some posters here say "RUN" when you get that chance.

I honestly question if I am the right woman for my RAH...I still don't know if I can ever trust him again and not sure if I really want the lifestyle that comes along with a recovering alcoholic. Maybe that's why I am so calm over this...maybe it is why I feel relieved. Maybe this is the right path after all...might as well embrace it, right?!
I am glad you posted this thought. My RAH is new to his recovery, and I to mine. Working with some counseling, I agreed to give him another chance since now he is in recovery. We both allow each other a lot of individual space, so we can focus on ourselves. The home has been peaceful, but sometimes I wonder if living with him is really what I want for my future. Maybe I should choose differently. I figure I just keep working on me and what comes will come. The way you are taking your situation is inspiring.