Old 09-11-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
wpainterw

AVRT: Just a P.S. on what I just posted. Yes, no doubt when a fellow is told that he's got to go 90 in 90 or he's sure going to drink again and where for some reason he doesn't go, he's likely to hear his inner voice say, "See, you didn't go and now you're going to drink. So go ahead why not!". Is this all coming from the Beast, who lives down in that damp old dungeon, the primitive lizard brain? The stupid child like fella? Or did he maybe get some help from the folks upstairs, like in the upper brain neocortex? Isn't it possible that upstairs there is a whole law firm of smart fellas who are ready to help any client that comes in the door? So in walks the beast, or maybe in slithers the beast and says, "I wanna drink!" So the receptionist says, "O.K. Go down to the conference room. And there they all sit and after hearing from the beast slobbering away about how he's mighty thirsty, they say, "No problemo! We do this all the time. We'll write you a memo!" So they pull out the relapse file (actually it's an enormous file cabinet) and there are 10,000 reasons why a person needs, deserves, gotta have a drink. And they write a very clever memo and everyone breaks out the booze.
So did the stupid old lizard do all this on his own? Or was he helped by the wise guy lawyers in the cerebral neocortex? Who knows? And who cares? I was just asking since I saw somewhere some research results which purport to document changes in the upper brain which result from excessive drinking.

W.