View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 12:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

SecretIdentity: You really have a major decision to make here my dear. Being addicted to opiates as I was for many years. I can tell you one thing that is the God's honest truth. YOU cannot do or say anything to make him stop using. No one could do this for me when I was all strung out. I had to and did make the decision to stop using on my own. I had 2 1/2 years clean before an injury where I had to have surgery. It was a roller coaster on and off the opiates for a while. I now have 205 days clean again. It's my choice to stay off of them. The doctors would keep prescribing them if I wanted them to. But I choose not to take them. This has to be your dad's choice.

Your dad doesn't really know who he is or who you are any more. His love right now is the DOC he chooses to forget what has happened in his life. He will hit bottom or will die. The other option he has is jail at the rate he's going. There's just no easy way to put it. When he hits bottom. He'll either be willing to get help or will go back out and probably take so much he'll die from over dose.

This kind of life is so hard to recover from, but there are a multitude of ppl that HAVE. If you decide to Xnay the relationship, it needs to be because it's your choice. You have your whole future ahead of you and don't need to be living in that kind of environment since you are allowed to stay with your mother.

Your dad is going to shout all sorts of insults your way and probably threaten suicide to get you to stay. But just remember this. He isn't himself right now. It will scare him more than anger him to have you walk out of his life. This might be what wakes him up or not. No one can predict what an addict will do in the throes of addiction.

I wish you well and hope things turn out for the best with your family.

TOD