Old 09-10-2011, 09:45 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I get the logic here AVRT and I too read the thread about someone being told they "are doomed to fail", but in all fairness this same sentiment has been expressed by Mr. lastnamestartswithT that you are doomed to fail if you do attend meetings. hmmm. lots of dooming to failure all around. And I'm not beating a dead horse and bringing him up again, but I firmly believe his stance on meetings of any kind is strongly based on his own negative personal experiences.

I don't regularly attend meetings, but I'm not gonna lie. I like getting a chip for another year. I like celebrations, clapping, smiling... LOL the same way I like red patent leather peep-toe pumps, but neither one is the cornerstone of my sobriety. I guess how I feel is...I am a non drinker. I can go any place I want to. A bar, a meeting...not a threat to me. That said, I have chosen to not attend "double vowels" because my beliefs have become so vastly different that there really is no reason to go. and my beast never even mentions not going...I think even she was bored to death there LOL

Lastly, while I realize the beast really never dies, I refuse to live in fear. I am vigilant, obviously, but not hypervigilant...for me that is counter-productive. If I am constantly looking over my shoulder and around the corner watching for the beast, I am not living my life. I may as well be beating a bible to ward off Satan...no thanks.

Secular connections is my favorite forum on the whole site. The people here are cool and AVRT, I think you are well spoken and knowledgable and have helped many who come to SR looking for something to help them.

I think we may have just had a meeting in this thread LOL and there it is