View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
painterman

Originally Posted by lilotto View Post
Painterman why are you going to Al-anon and yet making and drinking in front of your partner? Instead of using her past actions and faults to justfy your drinking maybe you need to do an honest moral inventory of yourself. If you are not willing to make some changes for a renewed and better relationship with your partner maybe you need to let go and move on. I am sure Al-anon does not support mixing driinks and drinking in front of someone suffering from alcoholism and new to sobriety. Its not easy to maintain sobriety at times which is why the say one day at a time. Good Luck with being judgemental.
I do drink, and drinking has never been a problem for me. Unfortunately it has been a problem for my partner and she has caused chaos in our lives at times. So yes if it's judgmental-I deplore her behaviour when she is drunk-and I don't intend to tolerate it any more. Which is why I'm grateful for the kindness and support that I find on here. My partner doesn't have to stray far from this house to watch people drinking!