View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Shirt423

Thank you for all of your responses. I am going to try to process it all and will try to keep updates here. It helps and hurts at the same time to read what others have to say, because I know it is all very sensible and the truth is so easy to see when you aren't being blinded by "love".

I obviously still have trust issues, and he says he doesn't understand how I could doubt his love for me when he is choosing to be with me. Choosing to be with me is not enough. I need time to heal, and I need to see real change in how he conducts himself. The reason I feel insecure about his conversations with his ex are because in my experience people give up on tactics when they aren't getting anywhere with them. If he made it known to her that their relationship was no longer up for discussion, then wouldn't the discussions stop?

When we were fighting I actually told him that maybe he should be with his ex because she is willing to swallow any shred of decency that he feeds her while living waste deep in all of his bs. If he wants a doormat I am not the right girl for him. Of course it would be completely wrong of him to be with her, it would be for all of the wrong reasons and the daughter would end up being hurt the most by being exposed to it.

I wish I could wake up feeling like the person I used to be. Wishful thinking I know.

Thanks again