Thread: Just dont know
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 09:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
ASpouse

Breec3, instead of asking yourself why you put up with this treatment, begin by changing one thing that you can. Start on that road.

There is absolutely no sense in looking back and saying "why did I do that, this is my life, why? why? why?" This will get you nowhere except feeling like you are stuck in a mud pit spinning your wheels. Make a decision to change one thing today, one thing that you can do and succeed at, no matter how smalll.

Well, if he asked you what was wrong, who are you to think he didn't want to know? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but you can't answer for him or pretend you know how he feels. If that was me, I would have said "I'm tired, I'm busy and that's it". If he would have baited me into an argument, I would not have taken the bait.

Are you feeling sorry for yourself? Gosh, I think we are all entitled to feel that way somedays as long as you don't remain there for very long.

You have kids Breec3, kids create a busy lives for all of us. You are doing things for your kids, that is not bad. I too am busy.

I have a 12 1/2 year old, a 4 year old, 7 dogs, 1 Rabbit, a house that needs to be taken of. I get up at 5:15am every single day, shower, get ready for work, wake up my son, take him to pre-school, drive 1 hr and 20 minutes to work one way, shop on my lunch hour, get my work done, leave at 4:30, pick up my son at 5:45, go home, make dinner, do laundry, feed & train dogs, read to my son, talk to my daughter about her day. H comes home from work, sit and talk to him about work, kids etc. He goes to meetings every day, gets home about 9:30, talk a little more, get ready for the next morning (making lunches etc) and go to sleep. That is the extent of my busy day. Can I feel sorry for myself? You bet! Do I? No ..... this life I live was my choice, something I wanted. I feel as if I am spread as thin as I can go, but I also know I can get spread a little further.

In between all of this, I find time for Al-Anon meetings. Weekends are dedicated to family, dogs and yardwork.

Sorry to get this OT, but we are all busy, this is life. It doesn't sound like your life is the one you wanted!

I consider all of this that I have to do a gift. I do not look at it as drudgery. Yes, somedays I am exhausted and on those days I don't try to be Superwoman, I let the exhaustion take hold and give myself the rest I need to start over.