View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chelsey00

Need help! Boyfriend is addict...

I need some advice...

My boyfriend has been battling his addiction to heroin and opiates for almost 7 years, I started dating him about a year 1/2 ago and he was clean. He got back into it around 4 months after we met (percocets mainly, then oxy) Until about 5 or 6 months ago he started working at an auto mechanic shop and I recently found out he and a coworker were smoking heroin everyday at work. His family and friends did an intervention, he went to detox for 2 days and used right when he got out. I broke up with him and after a couple days took him back because I wanted to give him one more chance after giving him a chance to see that I am serious about it. He has been clean for four weeks and we've been sooo happy and he's like a different person, but yesterday I came home from being out of town for the night and he wasnt at home (he said he was going to walk to the mall to get something to eat and he was gone 2 hours, later said he ran into an old friend from high school). Anyways, he came home and looked high. He said he took TWO of his suboxones (which he is prescribed by his doctor) and he usually only takes 1/2 pill a day, so he said it got him messed up and thats why he looked high. I drug tested him today and it came up positive for opiates and THC (which I know he smokes pot) he says its wrong and he wants to do a hair follicle test to prove to me he didnt use.

My question is, with home drug tests (the one I had tested for meth, amp, cocain, opiates and THC) would suboxones by ANY chance make the test show positive for opiates? Or is he lying straight to my face saying he didn't use? I am thinking the latter, but I don't want to break up with him with any doubt that he used. HELP! What should I do?!