View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Tally

I've been doing the chatting online thing too...nothing serious or sleazy, not even a dating site, just a regular, local chat site.

Few red flags for me too...definitely agree with the coffee thing. Had a guy ask if I fancied meeting for a coffee, straight away I thought "why didn't he say a drink", pressed it further and he's in recovery. That's nice, glad for him but so not ever going down that path again.

Red flag number 2 - Discussing music likes and dislikes...listed my faves at the mo, included "dance" music as I live with my 14 yr old daughter, it's constantly blasting and it's quite catchy, I like a bit of a boppy tune...Immediately get the "if you can call that "music" retort". Ok byeee!!
My ex used to call me mindless, soulless and stupid because my music tastes weren't approved of and he couldn't understand how anyone could like stuff that he didn't approve of. Am open minded and I expect the same in return. Don't like what I like but don't belittle me for liking it.

Red flag #3 would obviously be the sexual lines instead of an actual "hello". Blocked.