View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
kanamit

EasyWay allows you to improve many aspects of your life. Allen shows you that the popular perception of something can be totally wrong.

I bought his book on worrying. It's not up to his other work but it has helped me a bit.

Alcohol never gave you courage. It took a lot of it away and gave some of it back when you took a drink. I can think of a couple of very successful British comedians who started their career after stopping drinking.

I love Allen's words in The Incredible Machine chapter. We are capable of many great things. You only need alcohol if you tell yourself you do.

Originally Posted by ElvisInASkirt View Post
So I've finished my second reading of Allen Carr's Easy Way To Control Alcohol and I've decided to take my last drink on the 12th July (national holiday here). I think I will make it tequila. I will probably also spit it out. Or vomit.

I've realized that the main reason I drink in bars is to try to pluck up the courage to talk to people.

My low self-esteem can be improved by throwing myself into my running. Training for Dublin begins on the same day I have my last drink.

I feel really excited by all of this. In fact I'm thinking about running over the bar across the road, ordering a large orange juice, downing it in one and punching the tender and running for the hills.

Actually I'm not THAT bad. But I am excited by this for the first time ever.

Just the idea that the new me can and will exist is really exciting.

Thanks for reading my nonsense and good day to you all.