View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
m1k3

Originally Posted by breakingglass View Post
i understand removing yourself from situations/people who might not agree with your new found mentality... to keep away from alcoholics and those who associate with them. understandable on every level....but to alienate your family/mother/father or siblings because you think they all have mental problems is like calling the kettle black.... after all you are the one in theropy seeking help becasue of the person (A) you choose to be with. forgive me if i sound harsh or if you think i'm stupid or naive or something but i'm not ready to diss my family or my friends of 45 years just because i decided to marry an A and deal with his dysfunction...... my friends and family are perfectly fine in my book and i love them all. i would/could not take it out on them.... i could not break my mother's heart. and i think most people in the real world know that there is no such thing as a fairy tale mother/daugher relationship. does that make any sense to anyone here??
Ah, I think I'm getting it. Do you feel that other people's happiness depends on you?