View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

Oh, I'm not well.

I recently moved my business operation from a very quiet industrial area where I got to park in front of my own door, to a college campus. It's the same college I went to, but that was when Lincoln was President and the culture shock has been... well... shocking. I rarely get to park less than a 15 minute walk from the building. That's good for me and I can already see myself toning up so logically I am all in favor of it... but I grumble all the same. I hate waiting to cross the street. I resent the tides of oncoming traffic and the pokey walk signal. TODAY... there was a break in the traffic. I got to cross against the light. BUT I had already pushed the button for the walk signal. I gloated. Yes! GLOATED that the evil traffic was going to have to pull up and stop in a few minutes for NO ONE! BWA-HA-HAH!!!! I was sure gonna show that TRAFFIC!

Anyway it reminded me of back when I was sure gonna show Dino. Just as effectually, I might add. Holy Crossing Guard Batman! I have to step one the traffic!