View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Well, I have been sober for 7 days. I feel very good and notice some positive physical changes:

1. My eyes aren't puffy and therefore look bigger.
2. My body isn't puffy and I've lost 1 LB (even though I'm eating more).
3. I am sleeping better.
4. I have a ton of energy.

Here is the bad part - My skin is breaking out! Why? Has this happened to anybody else?

Love, Kit

Hi Kit, glad you noticed all the positive chnages! It's been 36 days sober, here, and I also noted I have lost several pounds, my face is younger looking, my eyes have more of a sparkle, my energy levels are way up, and I have less depressed, but perhaps more anxious. Sleep has been improved, overall, though some nights are hard, I have had insomnia since maybe I was 12, so this has been a lie-long issue, here, decades before I even drank!

As for the breaking out: Does it look like a rash? If so, it might be stress related. If alcohol was a way to relieve stress, taking this way might have triggered a nervous reaction. I have had a few rashes where a dermatologist has pointed to anxiety as the key factor. Also, it might be unrelated...perhaps an allergic reaction to a soap/detergent. I would have it looked at if it does not clear up, these days, dermatologists seem to really be able to help, or at least the few times I went, freaking out that I had the bubonic plague...they gave me ointments, and a short course (10 days) of anti-anxiety meds, and it really seemed to help.

Well, welcome, and hope you enjoy feeling better and better,

H. Pup