View Single Post
Old 09-05-2002, 05:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
lolly112166
Paused

BonBon,
Isn't that show terrific? My husband and I can't miss it. He called from another state last night to make sure I watched. YEAH KELLY!!!! But weren't the others wonderful too? Well, maybe not all! LOL

Now that I am passed that, let me tell you sweetie! You are such a wonderful person. You must have been very shocked at his behaviour and very scared at the moment it happened. I truly know I would have been. But you know what? It is really amazing how bad he must feel about himself to say something so vile to another human being. Where there is anger like that, there is such sadness. Now of course, we can't fix that anger, but we can pray to our HP that it be repaired. And let go. It's over then. It took 20 years for me to learn that one simple action.

Some people laugh at what I am about to say...but, it truly makes me feel better to offer up a bit of a prayer for the person who hurts me with words or actions. No matter who that person is. Maybe the postman or the telemarketer or my Dad (my A).

Now...I am going to say something that will probably step on toes and for that I apologize. But, I also, do not believe that returning that name-calling is appropriate either. Stands to reason that our anger is justified...but not enough to sink to that persons level by calling "them" names. It is so easy to understand why one would. But wrong nonetheless. And isn't al-alon all about learning not only to deal well with our A, but with changing our ways of responding to them?

Sorry... I'm being the mother today.

Lolly