Old 08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Yay for earthquakes; that's geology in action! LOL ya know those darn geologists, we're always excited about natural disasters. HP, glad it's only a mess to clean up and nothing worse.

So... a couple days ago this guy I've been dating-- who was kind of instrumental in me getting off drugs early on, he was kind of like a sponsor, in a secular, non-program-using, "I used to do dope and you can always talk to me" sort of way-- posted on Facebook that he was in a relationship (and not with me). How nice of him to let me know, right? So I was pretty mad, and I posted a screen shot from my cell phone of text messages from him only a few days before that about how much he loved me, and I tagged him in it with a note that said if he was going to let me know we were done via Facebook.... well, fair's fair, I will react via Facebook. Probably not my most mature moment, but frankly, I don't feel bad and I'm not removing the post (mostly because I enjoy reading my friend's replies that he wasn't good enough for me anyway. A little shameless ego-petting kinda helps, right?).

He called me last night to say that my post (which I managed to post while he was asleep, and so was on his wall for about 8 hours before he untagged himself) had made his new gf mad and she's not sure she wants to be in a relationship with him now. He seemed upset that I wouldn't back down on this, he tried to apologize and tell me he made a mistake and didn't mean to hurt me, etc. But... dude, really? I'm not spending my life wondering when someone else will suddenly have more appeal and he'll leave me again. And after I made that clear he started threatening to kill himself.

There I was on the phone with him, texting a couple friends wondering how to handle it (replies came back: tell him goodbye; make sure the slits run down the wrist, not across; offer him a more accurate gun, etc. I love my friends! lol) and I was on Facebook with this other girl he used to date, who told me that she broke up with him because she got tired of the suicide threats and I shouldn't worry about it. What a miserable jerk, but if he hadn't pulled all that crap I'd probably still feel bad about the relationship ending.

What a day. And now time to go to work...