Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
danielleinto

Love the mental image that al-anoid brings to mind. The quack thing works for me because of the mental image. I know it's addict speak and I know the why of it but logic is hard to apply when you're being verbally abused. Picturing a big idiot duck - as simple as that sounds - doesn't make it a big joke - it just helps keep me focused on the fact that what's coming out of my AH's mouth isn't personal. Knowing everyone on here is hearing the same load of crap helps to keep it in perspective.

Good for you finding what worked for you. It's not one way or the highway. If AA worked for all alcoholics they couldn't build a building big enough to hold all of the people that go through those doors. I'm healthy now but I would have never got "it" in Alanon. . It's not personal. I only ever got help with anything because I felt desperate but we're individuals. Being turned off by the twelve steps doesn't mean I was a hopeless case. It's not a case of if you don't work the program you don't want it bad enough. People need to hear what worked for you and why. I get alot from this forum but I sure feel like I alienate people and that I'm the odd man out. Thing is most if not all people who come to this forum belong to the same club.

Keep on keepin on AVRT and welcome to the Quacker thread. Sorry all that I went way off topic.