Old 08-22-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Charon

If the rehab people really are telling him what he's telling you - no it's not rehab. I went to two places like that. The counselors were so burnt out from dealing with court mandated patients who had no intention of quiting that they simply went through the motions and anyone could do anything as long as it didn't create problems.

Then I went to an inpatient program at a respected facility that deals with addiction and mental issues (depression, etc.). WOW what a difference. Once I got out I wasn't cured. I still struggled but after a year I was finally able quit for good. It took a while for everything I learned there to "take" but it fianlly did. I never got anything out of the burnt out counselors.

It were me, I would give an ultimatum - either do it right and get it right, or do the 3 hour and fail then the intensive and fail and then the inpatient (I ain't wasting money here Jack!), or (final choice) get your ass out of here and don't come back till you are squeaky clean. Your choice.