View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by hwsm View Post
I am doubting my decision to leave him. I hear all these horror stories about abusive relationships and mine wasn't like that. I know he had some problems, but don't we all? There are people at Al-Anon who are working their program and still with their Alcoholics. I didn't even realize that was an option for me. He didn't specifically say what he was doing but he knew he had to turn his life around. I just know that I miss him and I love him and I'm not sure what to do. I'm very sad and lonely and all I want to do is sleep because that is when I can dream about him and us being together.
One of the best things I've leanred in my recovery journey is when in doubt...DO NOTHING. It means you aren't ready yet and more will be revealed if you have patience and let things be as they are.

Now that said - this has also been one of the hardest things to put into practice for me! I am so impatient! And sure enough, my HP is constantly challenging me with situations to practice patience.

If there is one thing each and every one of us can count on in life, aside from eventual death, is change. This is a good time to "Let Go and Let God", whatever your intrepretation of that is. Wait and see. Focus on your own life. And wait.

I hate waiting, did I mention that?