Old 08-19-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Buffalo66

If it is also your moneyI would call and clarify all the issues you have questions about.

I was not financially invested, but my BIL called and asked a helluva lot of questions, including when he did not trust that RAH was telling the truth about being "done" after only 23 days of a 28 day program.

The answer from the center was pretty clear. They gage things from patient to patient, they said, and they are pretty well practiced in recognizing a fake recovery. They insisted that he had taken part, gained insight, learned, repented, whatever. They felt that he had gotten what was necessary and they were releasing him.

If he was faking it, he would have relapsed by now...But my RAH PUT HIMSELF IN> And so he was very invested in not wasting his own time.

It does not sound like a very intensive program, and I can really relate to your feelings of WTF...See what happens if you call and ask to speak to one of the counselors that work with him. If you had/do go to family night, you would meet them, anyway.

At least they can give you a gage about his progress. If you are not a name for consent to release info, as I was nnot, I DK what else to suggest.

But it would burn me up if the money was being dwindled and I had no info.
Maybe that is not very detachment 101 of me, but whatever. Its your savings!

Also, maybe consider to stop pushing at all on him coming to the wedding, and take the time for you?