View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PainDivine

Doctors said my wife can drink again

My wifes been sober for over six months. Recently she relapsed, and her weekly group convinced her to admit it to me. I talked her into finally going in to see an actual rehab center here in town. They did an assesment... asked her questions for over 3hrs. Then had her come back a week later.

When she got home she was giddy. "they told me I was abusing alchol, but there was nothing wrong with moderation. I should try moderating and if I can't do it I should stop again!"

So this is clearly horseshit. The reason she went was because she was sneaking arround drinking behind my back, my wife never lies to me, it's very out of character for her. She also doesn't seem to remember when she quit last time she cried every night for months because she couldn't drink.

I've resigned myself to the fact that she's not going to stop until she thinks she needs to. My problem is I have no idea how to act in this situation. There's a 6 pack in the fridge for the first time in over 6 months. Can anyone give me any tips?