Thread: Losing my cool
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Eight Ball

I am not in your shoes and going NC with my AH was easy for me, so I can only imagine what you are going through, so big hugs from me too.

Your AH sounds like a right piece of work and almost psycho! It doesnt sound like a very safe situation for you and its no wonder you are feeling let down by the authorities and folks on SR. As someone has said 'this too will pass'. The nightmare you are currently living in, will one day be over, or much calmer.

I do get a sense from your threads that you seem to be adding fuel to the fire. What you have been doing to date with regards to your interactions with AH hasnt been working well for you at all. I think it calls for a different approach, a different strategy and a change of direction on your part. Your smart - right?, well brainstorm some 'rules' for yourself to protect you from him and his current madness.

There have been some good suggestions already from SR. Go NC as much as possible. Dont EVER let him into your home. Tell him (through the door) to telephone/email you if he needs something and you will arrange to leave it out side for him to collect or better still 'talk to my lawyer'. If he comes over making a scene - dont let him in (EVER), and do your best to ignore him. Do not interact. Put a neon sign out the front of your house saying 'security cameras are in use' If he 'kicks' off outside of the home then hopefully the neighbours will telephone the police to complain about the disturbance your AH is causing and your AH will be picked up. You dont have to be involved in this, if you are indoors. These are just some suggestions/ideas, find some that will work for you.

He cant force you to speak to him or interact with him.

Maybe a womans shelter would be a good choice for you now, to keep you safe and give you some 'mental' breathing space while you reavaluate.