Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alone22

GB- yep I get the movies in your head. * 8 years ago when my AH finally admitted he was an A I thought life would play out very differently than it has. Heck I thought once they could see the issue it would be pretty easy to fix... just don't drink, right? HA! I have always tried to control just about everything in my life (typical codie here), but I thought I was doing really good at embracing the let go and let God idea. Right now I am just finding it hard to let go and let God when RAH comes home everyday (yes only 3 days) with his latest of why he doesn't have to go to rehab during certain times (ie nights and weekends when I'm sure he would rather be relaxing). Funny because when I called the center to find out what the policy was on being charged for days he didn't attend they seemed a bit taken back that he wasn't going to go on the weekend.... and I quote " you guys really should be here for the family time/ therapy" . Bottom line is I feel like I am being lied to and while I am sure my RAH is free to come and go on nights and weekends I highly doubt they are encouraging him to not be there. It would be one thing if this wasn't costing us so much money, but it is. Hard for me to just turn away from it and call it his business when it comes out of our bank account.

Anvilhead- honestly no I don't just want him out from underfoot for awhile. Since I have been going to Al-anon and detaching my life has become more manageable when he is around. I just want him to get healthy and I feel like in this very short amount of time he is already finding ways to limit the amount of time he spends at the center getting help. Just doesn't seem like a good sign to me. I have no idea how things are going while he is there, might be fantastic, I just want him to work the program and not short change himself. Make sense?