View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MTSlideAddict
Journey To Me

I would love to join on that vacation.

My AH did the exact same thing when he was drunk dialing. My parents go to bed early and he would call them late just to say something that didn't make any sense. It is a manipulation tool.

I would leave the house, because there was no reasoning or even being in the same room when he was drunk. He would constantly try to pick a fight. Even if I said nothing he would just continue on his tirade yelling and calling me names. I had no choice to leave for the night at least for my own sanity.

He would eventually try to start something when I was at work calling me making some big deal out of something that wasn’t even a deal. I just didn’t even bother going home at all in those instances. That is when he would call my family over and over again. I did not entertain him during this time; I ignored every phone call or text. I told my parents to do the same. The next morning he would apologize, but the cycle often recurred shortly again.

I think ignoring him is the best thing. Otherwise, he will continue to manipulate you.