Thread: Lunch Date
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sheneedshelp

Lunch Date

Today I went out to lunch with my daughter Amber, we had a long productive talk. I might not have heard what I wanted to, but I heard what she wanted to tell me.

First thing we talked about was obviously her arrest situation, the college had already found out and called her saying she's done. Her scholarship is removed as a result of her probation and she's not welcome back on there campus. She said she's gonna try to pick up more hours at her job and then enroll in Community college soon when she gets the money, Idk if that will actaully happen but it's a good goal to set isn't it?

Then we talked about what happened Saturday night...she said she was so gone she had no idea what she was doing. She wanted more beer. She thanked me for bailing her out and giving her a place to stay that night she said she was just in a bad place and had way way too much to drink. She assured me I didn't have to worry about her skipping her court date (in just under three weeks) I asked if she'd drank since then and I guess her and one of her friends drank Sunday night but didn't go out they just sorta sat around and drank and had some laughs which still isn't good.

We talked about how much she drinks and she said it's usually 2 or 3 times a week depends on how she's feeling but she also when she does and she drinks enough to be completely gone from real life. I asked her if she ever plans on stopping or slowing down and she said she didn't know yet. She still likes living that kind of lifestyle even though she's been arrested twice now for it and has been kicked out of school! That was a major redflag, but it's her life, I'm not gonna stop her at this point. I told her if she ever wanted help I'm here and she said she'd keep it in mind.

I didn't come out of our lunch with the answers I wanted but at least I got to talk to her and see where she's at mentally with everything that's going on.