View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
marie1960

I can remember A coming to my home after an afternoon or evening of bar crawling, and trying to engage in conversation. Often his logic, thoughts, and demeanor were borderline delusional, and he too was paranoid.

It was so sad to witness this time and time again. He never could figure out that his " just going to have a beer with a couple of guys" was causing him all this internal animosity. The alcohol was intensifying what he was already feeling, a sense of loss, somebody cheated him out of his life, (lost his career, due to drinking) somebody was talking smack about him, a coworker was stealing his tips, somebody lied right to his face. Somebody was threatening him, I could go on and on.......... The dialogue inside his head was just magnified by alcohol. Needless to say it was not pretty.

In the end, he could not suck me in to his babbling bullsh*t, it no longer warranted a reply. Not to mention by the following morning he would not even remember having such a conversation. The disease was winning, his alcoholism was progressing. I do not believe he will ever hit bottom, he will die before he even gets the chance.